spoon

Almond Chocolate

Category: ,

IMG_1570 (Small)

As Rakhi day approaches near, the feeling to be with my brother grows more and more. The festival of Rakhi, also known as Raksha Bandhan is celebrated on the full moon day in the month of August.
The Rakhi thread is a symbol of bond of love and care between brothers & sisters. On this day sisters tie Rakhi(beaded or normal thread) on the wrist of their brothers and pray for their well being and long life; the brothers promise to protect their sisters from harm. My brother is 12 years younger to me, and I love him like a small kid and after tying rakhi, instead of mithai (sweets), I offer him Dairy milk chocolate. I am not with him during this year and what should I do? I decided to make the chocolate bar at home because my brother loves it. This almond chocolate is my brother-in-law favourite too; the last time when he came to US, he took a big jar of these chocolate with him back home.

These videos are for you my beloved brother.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup dark chocolate
  • 1 cup milk chocolate
  • 1 cup roasted almonds
  • 1 tea spoon butter

Method

  • Mix milk and dark chocolate in a microwavable bowl.

IMG_1547 (Small)

  • Microwave on high for 30 sec and stir, again keep it for 30 sec and stir and then for another 30 sec and stir.

IMG_1553 (Small)

  • Mix roasted almonds into the liquid chocolate.
  • Grease the aluminum foil with butter and pour the mixture into it.

IMG_1558 (Small)

  • Keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
  • Make the marks on the chocolate ,in the way you like to cut your chocolate.
  • Keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
  • Take it out .break it into pieces and enjoy.....

How to roast almonds?

IMG_1550 (Small)
Keep it in the oven for 5-7 minutes on 350F.

Food Event

MECLogo

This is my entry for the -MEC: Potluck Party event being hosted by Srivalli of Cooking For All Season.

Comments (4)

Hi Manisha,
What a lovely blog you have..and all your recipes look so tasty, esp the rajasthani ones.
Subscribing to your blog:)

Thanks delhibelle...

so lovely...am sure your brother enjoyed vitually!

hi,
u have alovely blog...ilove ur recipes...do visit mine hwne u can